Would you use second hand cloth diapers?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• heck yeah! my cloth diapers were used on all 4 of my kids. every time you wash them is in bleach, which kills all the germs and bacteria anyway. go for it! good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 1:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yep and did :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• No. But then I can't do used underwear, either.
    Anonymous

• I might and I know many who have.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Sure, it is the ultimate way to recycle and preserve the environment. You save money, you help save the planet, and your child has the benefit using cloth diapers. It is a win-win situation for everyone. Nay sayers are not being very practical. So, yes, I would used used cloth diapers. I can afford to shop at high end stores but I choose not to. I choose to show, by example, to my child how to shop responsibly and be kind to the earth and others. Used does not mean poor quality.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• ONLY if they were from my previous children, but likely not. I do NOT buy used undies or socks either. Im just not going to do it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I did. If they are washed, bleached, and otherwise properly taken care of, there is absolutely no reason not to use them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yup.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I was given about a dozen. I never cloth diapered and honestly don't know how to. They are the old fasioned ones that you have to pin. Anyways, I kept them and use them as rags. They are great for that. But I just didn't understand how someone could give them away and expect me to use them on my kids. I just can't bring myself to use second hand undies of any kind. I know they are clean once I wash them but I just can't do it. I'm really shocked how many of you would use them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I've bought used cloth before.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009