Shaklee?

A mom on here approached me about selling Shaklee. I am interested but want to hear from more of you. Their products look good but a little expensive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Honestly, I tried it years ago and was not successful at all. I know have a really great at home business that truly works. No selling, no parties, no inventory, no door to door - who has time for any of that. Work around your kids schedule. If you are interested in hearing about my home biz, please pm me.
    Have a great day!
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 1:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I know the product is great, however with the economy I am not sure it would be profitable at this time because it is a bit expensive.
    Rose1140

Answer by Rose1140 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• oh....thought of somethig else. with any product or service it would also need to be something people use in everyday life. in tough economic times not everyone is able to willing to buy things they don't really need.
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 2:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have been with Shaklee for 1 year and I have 5 kids. I don't purchase everything, I use the vitamins for my kids since 3 of them are special needs and they have a strict diet. In addition, people pay to join in to Costco and Sams Club. I have made a profit each month with Shaklee ( and I have done others Multi Level Marketing in the past) but Shaklee gives the most money back.
    Jennielee_1975

Answer by Jennielee_1975 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• their cleaners end up being quite cost effective (since they are concentrated....it you message me your email I can send you a chart that shows how they save you money) ...the vitamins and skin care are expensive...but the vitamins have been scientifically tested....so you are paying more for the quality and research aspect. We use a lot of Shaklee products (and I am now a distributor, but used them a lot first) and am very pleased with most of their stuff. My husbands blood pressure dropped almost 20 points from one vitamin in particular. I am not crazy about the skin care products, but I love the vitamins and cleaners. The business grows, depending on how much time you put into it. Some go into it for $$$ but most I know start off by just loving the safe products for their family, and then as they share with others it's like "hey...I can sell this..."
    energygirl

Answer by energygirl at 8:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I have been with shaklee for a few years but I love there products.Your best bet would be to get with someone who is actively building and see how they are making it work.To the above poster I just order some of there shakes and I am amazed...no after taste and they are very filling.I havent tried the skincare products yet so I cant comment on that.
    HealthyMom27

Answer by HealthyMom27 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I love their products. I use the cleaners as well as the nutritional products daily. These products are for our family anyways...products that we need on a daily basis!
    m2cmom

Answer by m2cmom at 9:41 PM on Feb. 25, 2009

• If you market it right, it is not hard to sell at all. I can email you some documents that show things like "How Shaklee cleaners are cost effective" and also the research done by an outside company (not by Shaklee themselves) that shows that their supplements are higher quality. When folks read these documents, they are almost always interested....... If I knew how to attach documents here, I'd put them here directly. If you want the attachments, just message me (and I will email them ...and don't worry, I won't be pestering you with a "sign up now" bunch of emails after that...I just want to share the info I have, and be avaliable if you have questions.
    energygirl

Answer by energygirl at 1:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2009