Can my 7 month old have yogurt or cream cheese ?

She likes to taste my food and she loves yogurt when she tried it. I had a bagel one day and let her try the cream cheese - she loved that too. Afterwards I thought about it and wondered if that counted as cow milk product that she shouldnt have ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes she can... a little will not hurt her
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yes to yoghurt!! Creamcheese is high in fat so I would say not so much :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• yes
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 1:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• They also have an alternative. I think it's Soy Baby or something. They have it at Shaws and Stop N Shop. Check out the Yoplait website, because they should have a product list. When you are done at that website, check out http://www.nhplaydates.com and book mark it to your favorites, they always have different kinds of informative articles!
    punkrockinmomma

Answer by punkrockinmomma at 1:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• There is a difference between giving dairy products and giving straight cow milk. Dairy products are okay...just be sure to "try" her on them first. Nothing else new for the few days when you give her some cheese, yogurt or whatever kind of stuff.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• alittle should be ok but it wouldn't hurt to ask the dr. when it would be a good time to start that stuff.
    Anonymous

• I gave it to mine and she was fine. I wouldn't give her strawberry though since they could be allergic. It should be full fat too
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009