Could there be something wrong???

im married and have been for the past 2 and a half years hubby and I dated for 2 years before getting married. I have a daughter who is 4 and my hubby has a son who is 8. So we both know that we can get and get someone pregnant. The question is we have been trying for a baby for amost 2 years now. I mean we have NEVER used any protection since day one and I have not gotten pregnant. My friend told me that my body rejects his sperm and that we probably would never have kids together. That SUKS big time, but could you ladies please help us out.

Oh yeah my periods are very regular always on day 28 or 29. I use ovulation kits and we have sex when I see the two lines wiether it is dark or not, just to make sure that there is sperm up there for when the egg does drop. He wears boxers, so his boys can have room.

I just dont know please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Wow, that's kind of weird. I would suggest talking to your OB!
    powell647

Answer by powell647 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Is your friend a doctor? Well anyway its about timing and maybe your timing is off. Go to www.fertilityfriend.com and it will give you a calender showing your most fertile days. Its best to know this and pin point it correctly. Good luck to you and babydust.

~Veronica~
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• let me ask you this and i am not trying to get too personal does you or your hubby drink alot? i was with my hubby we went like 8 years with no protection he got in some trouble and had to quit drinking all together and i got pregnant. if you want to talk in private pm me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• u cant reject sperm thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard.... go to ur dr and see whats goin on.. there could be a problem. sometimes people get pregnant and then afterward something happens that they or their husband cant have kids.. Both of u should go get checked to make sure
    Anonymous

• no, she not a doctor. she just thinks that she knows everything about getting pregnant. she has 2 kids and her and her husband just got pegnant with their first and she said she didnt even have to try.
    No we dont drink or smoke. Both healthy. I think that it might be because I am kind of short 5"2 and I weigh about 180. Someone said that if you are overweight then you cant get pregnant but I dont think that I am overweight. He is not over or underweight. I dont know this relly sucks and I hate that I cant give him a baby.
    I use mymonthlycycles, and yourdays and ask dr amy also for estimated ovulation days. While I still use the ovulation kits. But nothing has worked. This other friend of mine told me to go online and get some Clomid a fertility drug and it will get me pregnant within 2 months. But im not buying no fertility drugs online. She must be crazy. Thats why I am asking you ladies.
    Anonymous

• I suggest you go to that website and monitor ovulation real close. Good luck to you and your husband. Dont get discouraged.

vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It's not neccesarily that if you are over weight you CAN'T get pregnant, but the heavier you are the more your chances are reduced. The same goes for being underweight.
    Example - My "ideal" weight via a weight chart is 135-140. I have always weighed in at 125. I got with my bf, we had a ton of unprotected sex, no baby. I started getting comfortable with him, started gaining weight, and I swear the minute I hit 140lbs I was pregnant.

Depending on your frame, this is where you should weigh in:

Small Frame - 108-121

Medium Frame - 118-132

Large Frame - 128-143

(weight references taken from http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm)

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I always find it sad to hear that someone has tried to get pregnant for two years! There is no reason to suffer quietly! Go to the doctor. Get a full exam. Talk with your doctor about your goals. You will probably discuss fertility treatment. Don't be shy or wishy-washy. Tell the doctor what you are feeling and take the advice! Follow up. You shouldn't be waiting for 2 years for something that you want. You need to take action.

The comment that your friend stated is foolishness and uneducated. IF your egg and his sperm are not a good match, then you would have experienced a miscarriage. I truly don't believe that is the problem. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 2:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If you have been trying for over a year and still have not gotten pregnant, I would definitely go see a doctor and talk to them about it. Your husband has not gotten anyone pregnant in over 8 years and things can change and you have not gotten pregnant in over 4 years. You sound like you should be ok since your have regular periods, but you never know. Your friend makes a good point too, you got pregnant by someone else and he got someone else pregnant, so that very well could be an issue. I really think you should go see your doctor. Best of luck!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2009