Spin off because I know it is going to happen: Is there any biblical scripture that says we should/need/must/could get something out of attending church?

*lets go ahead and assume the Bible is inspired by God, Jesus walked the earth and taught the Word as the Son of God and we are talking about the God in the Bible.*

vntNyll

Asked by vntNyll at 9:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2011 in Religious Debate

• My mom said there was. But i dont read the Bible so idk. Ive tried but i dont comprehend a lot of what i read, i have to hear it or see it.
    teenmommy31

Answer by teenmommy31 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2011

• Somewhere in the Bible is the verse, Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together. In church, we band together to do God's work on this earth, and support each other.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 11:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2011

• I think Romans 12: 4-6 makes one of the best arguments for why we need to be around other believers, "For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us..."
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2011

• my dad is a Deacon and says that when two or more gather to worship and fellowship, that is considerd church
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2011

• All I can think of is Paul (I think) saying that we shouldn't forsake the gathering of the brethren. Also, it says to paraphrase "where two or more gather in my name, the Holy Spirit is there." That all I can think of at the moment w/o reading or looking it up. Had a long day, too.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2011

• I like that Jesus went to temple. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2011

• I do not believe that we have to go to a "church", but I do believe that it is important to study the Bible & we are blessed by meeting w/other believers.

Why would you attend a church if you don't get anything out of it? To me that just seems like a waste of your time. If you are where God wants you to be, you will get a message from God and/or a blessing.
    kpav

Answer by kpav at 12:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• I have never seen one and no ones ever been able to show me one.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2011