How can I help someone that gets pregnant to young or just not ready?

I am 43 and would LOVE to have another baby but I am to old :( I have a 25 year old daughter, one sixteen and a son fifteen. Happily married middle class.I would be willing to take anyone's precious gift they feel they can't care for. :) Is this terrible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Adoption

• Find out about foster care.
    Anonymous

• If you want to help someone who feels she cannot take care of her baby then don't take her baby; give her the support she needs so that she can take care of it. There are no unwanted newborns. In fact there is apporoximately 40 couples wanting to adopt every newborn given up and the cost is upto $40k. If you want to help a child that needs a home then look to the foster care system where a childs worse fear is to "age out" before being adopted.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• There are NO unwanted newborns. Now that just insn't true. But I agree...help someone keep their kid or look into foster care.
    Anonymous

• It IS true that there are no unwanted newborns...did you really read what she said? Newborns are in DEMAND in the adoption industry. There are not enough of them. There are waiting lists for them. That is what she means.
    Anonymous

• many of my friends your age with older children have had this fever too. Who doesn't love little baby chubby cheeks - or that cute baby butt. I just can't seem to get enough of my son who is turning into such a big boy. But in reality I know, I personally, am done with infants. For me and my husband (who are adoptive parents) we are of the opinion of "been there done that, it was nice but not something that we need to repeat." But I do get baby fever when I am near an infant. Fostering infants and newborns in a crisis is one way to get a baby fix on a more long term dedicated basis. Also volunteering at a hospital or crisis center can get a similar fulfillment. Babysit for free for moms going back to school...find a way. Or do go through the adoption process. But as other posters have pointed out, in the private sector there just are not available infants without a long and expensive process.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• WHY??? at 45 do you want to start all over again?? I don't mean to sound offensive, but seriously when I was 45 and my children were grown...it was like I could finally take a deep breath and relax a bit. Didn't have to rush home to cook dinner, make sure kids had clean undies, the financial overload with everything to do with providing educations for my children. No more Teen Years, (Thank you Jesus) when I sometimes would wonder where did these kids come from??! Plus the fact by 45 I was already Grandmother to 2 precious grandsons!! Why not take this time to re-acquaint yourself with your husband, do something exciting together that doesn't involve kids? A wonderful vacation, just the 2 of you for starters (if you already haven't). Have great sex without that little knock at the bedroom door in the middle of the night.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 9:43 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• (cont.)
    Continue your education, start a new career...the possibilities are endless! And those magnificent grandkids come to visit, you can fawn all over them, give them your undivided love & attention and masses of Nana kisses/hugs and then.........send them home with their parents!!! Works for me! But to be truthful here, I do miss 'babies'...I am now 62 yrs old and my kids are already done having kids. BUT! Greatgrands could be in my future! And I still work a full-time job.....
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 9:44 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• hello i know this is tirrible,but i am not ready to have this im sosorry i know im wrong because i am intered six even im not ready to be pregnant,who want to help me !!i almust 2 months pregnant but i am not ready,because i know i cant do this in my own my boyfriend left me..i know im wrong pls dont be angry on mePLS, anyone whos reading my msg i really really need help...im only 21 years old single,add me in my YM if whos interested to hepl me,lovely_girl_mona2000@yahoo.com or send me an email..thank you i am so depress and i really really need help dont know what to do...
    Anonymous

• Please listen to onethentwins, there are far too many children( all ages, ) in the system just wating to find someone to love , understand and guide them. I might even suggest, that if your deepest desire is to help, do not take a young mothers child, but take upon yourself to help the young mother by guiding her to resources, programs, taking her to Dr. appts, thenbabysit for her so she can continue on a more productive path to caring for her child...then in time she will be able to pass this forward. This will also bond you with your teen children even more, by showing them a path to help others in a temporary crisis. Blessings..
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2009