Is anybody on genny craigs or weight watchers diet?

I really want to loose the remaining 10 # of my baby fat and was thinking about signing up to one of the above. I feel like it might be expensive and would like to know if it works too. Please if anybody is on either diets give me an idea of how much it costs and if it's working for you. I thank you so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I think the South Beach Diet is the best diet out there. It doesn't feel like you are dieting, rather it just teaches you how to eat right but you end up losing tons of weight.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I am doing weight watchers and I love it. It is working for me. It is expensive but with weight watchers once you get the hang of it, if you feel you can continue on your own, you can stop. It really showed me how much I ate, what I needed to cut back on and what I should be eating. I really enjoy having the accountability of the meetings and that I can just eat everyday food and not have to buy any of their special meals if I don't want. I lose about .4 to .7 of a pound a week. I only had 12 lbs to lose to start and I am halfway there.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I do weight watchers.. i've lost 20lbs scence i had my daughter who is 7 months old.. and i get to eat what i want..just in smaller portions! price really isnt that bad!
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 10:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I'm doing the on-line version of WW - it's a registration fee (which is sometimes waived if they're doing a promotion) and it's only like $16 a month. With the on-line plan, you just have to be accountable to yourself. SO if you are dedicated and don't need the personal support of others, this could be a good option. You WILL get support on-line through message boards and will still weigh in on a weekly basis...you just won't weigh in w/ others or have personal face-to-face chats. I've lost 50 lbs so far and have 3 more to be at my goal. Good luck with whatever you decide!!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 8:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i've heard great things about weight watchers...my mom lost a ton of weight on it...but, you have to commit to a healthy eating lifestyle permanently or you will gain the weight back from any diet...my mom has lost 50-80 lbs three different times, but always gained it back because she didnt stick to healthy eating
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2008