im on mirena and im wondering if i were too get pregnant how would i know? if i miss my period it would be normal for mirena so how would a person know?

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 1:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That's why I don't like BC like that. I was on the shot for 2 years, and never got my period, and I was ALWAYS freaking out taking tests.

I suppose you could just wait for symptoms to occur, or you could be paranoid like me and take a test once a month, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• This is a newer type of B/C and should be talked over with your doctor. Maybe you can get an answer from someone that is also on that B/C, but this may wind up being the wrong place because it is for pregnancy and most people here are not currently using B/C
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 2:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Sometimes people go for month's not knowing there pregnant still having there period and all. It's better to be safe then sorry. If you have that feeling you might be, take a test right away. birth control methods don't always work I became pregnant 2 times while on birth control.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• hi there, I was on mirena for over a year and I always wondered about that but my doctor assured me that it's not gonna happened simply because the utrerus lining is so thing an egg will not be able to plant it self. but let me tell you I removed it on the seconed of last october and got my period on the forth and 2 weeks later I got pregnant, it wasn't like any other IUD I've used before. I'm certainly going to use it again
    Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• and about the missed period, well I had a lot of spotting the first 6 months but then after that I missed 4 months of period but would still have very lite spotting here and there. so it's very normal that after a year of using it your period will almost stop because your uterus lining is always thing and there is nothing to shed.
    good luck
    Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2009