Ridiculous Festival Money Maker

My son's school had a fall festival yesterday. There were games & crafts, including sand art & tie-dye. There was also paint a rock. Yes, your child could paint his very own rock & take it home! And only for $1. What a bargain! Luckily, my kid didn't want to do that.

Have you seen any silly fund raisers?

Verrine

Asked by Verrine at 8:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, I don't think it's too bad. Look at some of these painted rocks...

I would rather have an artistic booth than one where I paid money for my kid to throw a ball at a fish bowl and come home with a half dead goldfish.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2011

• NAW our schools usually go with car wash, bake sale, sell candy bars....
    ky_mommy2010

Answer by ky_mommy2010 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2011

• That's funny. My daughter (4) has a rock she's been painting and re-painting for about a year now. What is it about that?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2011

• I love it. I remember this about 25 years ago, when kids had pet rocks.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2011

• Yes we went to one yesterday. I was expecting more for my money...My 5 year old had a blast and i only spent 25.00 on a punching balloon and a alien eraser woo!!!

momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 9:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2011

• Our school did a fund raiser and the portion they kept was 20%. They ended up doing another because they fell so short of their goal. The rocks sound cute. I also assume that they have a high profit %.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2011

• lol scout_mom: I agree completely about the half dead goldfishes vs the rock painting, I actually think the rock painting is cute too. We went to a festival that did make your own crown or pirate hat, and you could make your own bracelets, etc, that my oldest loved.. it was included in the admission ticket ($5.00) and so were the games they had, so really it was worth it.. the admissions go toward next years festival. and most of the stuff for the games and such are donated in some form.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2011

• Those rocks are great! The one that my son's friend did was purple on top. That's all. I do think the profit margin has to be good for this "craft."
    Verrine

Comment by Verrine (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2011