Am I too boring?

I am 18 years old me and my fiance have been together for 5 and half years we met in school. we have a 1 year old son and we are expecting our 2nd child in june (its a boy). he says i never want to have any fun but i cant drink or stay up late because i never know what the day might bring with our son. we both work full time jobs and he races just about every weekend. we have a good relationship with some speed bumps, i want to get my hair and nails done but i dont because i would have give to my children and fiance before myself. what can i do or should i do to be fun and make myself a little more attractive?

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I was 18 & married and with my HS sweetheart which seems alot like you. One thing is just remember to take time for yourself and yes go get your nails or hair done. Sometimes little things like that make a big different for YOU not your dh or kids. Dont lose yourself while youre raising the kids.

Answer by gemgem at 2:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• well to answer that get your sexy back...maybe he wont think your boring do something with him that you thought you woud never do...try to spice things up...maybe you should think about treating yourself once a month so you wont feel so guilty..and your fiance has to also understand that you are a mom first...
    ms.hotmom21

Answer by ms.hotmom21 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Also consider taking a class at the Y or the college. Spend some time reading every day- even just a half hour. The mind is sexy, too. :)

Answer by Bmat at 2:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• dear qurlieracer4,

i have three kids from 5 and under and I know how busy life gets sometimes and how many things a mom has to do on her schedule, but I think it is important to take time for yourself too and do fun things- when mommy is happy, all are happy:) I would also suggest to make your relationship with your fiance a priority, your kids would grow healthier if your relationship grow stronger.

You can think of what things you and your fiance like and enjoy and then make a plan for them, it doesn't need to be expensive, the most important thing is to be together- the two of you.
    blessings
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 2:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my hb and I have made a priority to go out on a date every week, we leave our kids with a babysitter since we do not have grandparents or family close by.
    We also do non expensive things like having coffee or tea at home, sitting together and talking (my hb prime love language is quality time), watching a movie together after we put kids to bed, I love family movies or dramas, he loves action, but during the years we've found the common ground - comedies:) and I have become to like action movies more now, and he watches family movies or dramas with me. These were just few things to give you an idea.
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 2:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Im 19 and my fiancee is 18 we have a one year old daughter and both are in college. Even though I may not leave the house on a particular day I still make myself look good take a shower, get dressed, put on make up. When I was in sociology major I learned that making yourself look good makes your confidence go up. And my fiancee loves to come home to his sexy soon to be wife. I also set a day or two once a month to go hang out with girls and 2-3 times a month to go dancing with my fiancee I even went dancing when I was pregnant. It really helps our relationship and causes us to not fight very often. If you want to be more fun set a day or two for you both to go out just the two of you.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 2:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I think you can do your nails and hair every now and then (I do my own to save money) and you should try and get together with other parents, in church or a moms group (www.mops.org, www.momsclub.com).
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Do not lose who you are because you are a mom! There is no reason to completely forget about yourself just because you have kids. You have to nurture yourself and your relationship with your fiance. My husband and I make a huge effort to spend quality time alone. We do not want to be one of those couples who just stare at each when the kids are grown because we do not know who we are anymore or who each other really is.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2009