For Naturalist..

Anyone ever tried drinking wheatgrass juice,or take the powder and make a drink from it, I heard it helps with energy and weightloss as long as you avoid dairy all of it, and you eat little meat,mostly your suppose to eat raw fruits and vegys.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I heard from my bikram instructor that most people don't have a healthy enough digestive system to digest large amounts of raw food. That could be crap though.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I was told the reason that wheatgrass and 'green' juices are good for energy boosting because the cholorophyll in them is super-oxygenating to the blood. Anything that oxygenates the blood will amp you up. Spirulina is actually better (IMO) than wheatgrass because its so nutritionally dense. It has protein, virtually every vitamin and mineral you can think of PLUS all the amino acids. I have a powder that I mix in the Odwalla Superfood every day and it's made a huge difference in my energy. P.S. It's also probiotic, so if your digestive system is sluggish, it can help with that, too. I hope that helps!
    TheEmpress78

Answer by TheEmpress78 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Cool I will see where i can get some then. Thank You!

Answered at 5:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 by: TheEmpress78
    I was told the reason that wheatgrass and 'green' juices are good for energy boosting because the cholorophyll in them is super-oxygenating to the blood. Anything that oxygenates the blood will amp you up. Spirulina is actually better (IMO) than wheatgrass because its so nutritionally dense. It has protein, virtually every vitamin and mineral you can think of PLUS all the amino acids. I have a powder that I mix in the Odwalla Superfood every day and it's made a huge difference in my energy. P.S. It's also probiotic, so if your digestive system is sluggish, it can help with that, too. I hope that helps!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2009