fussy

my 8 week old is almost constantly fussy. It seems like he is happy for about ten minutes after he wakes up and then starts fussing. Is this normal ???? It has been like this for a few weeks now. i thought he would be getting a little easier by now. I feel like i am going crazy. Anyone else have this problem and when did it st getting a little easier?

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He probably has colic. Itll go away over time.

Answer by gemgem at 2:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My little guy went through the same thing. It will get better as he gets older. But in the meantime, try swaddling him. There are specialty blankets for this if you dont know how. Another reason could be how he is fed; breast or formula? If its formula he might need to change formulas if its breast maybe he isnt getting enough to eat? My little guy was on 4 different formulas before we found out that he was Lactose and now has to be on Soy. Another thing that worked wonders for me was the Sling. Wearing your baby in a sling makes him feel closer to you. I swaddled my son then put him in the sling and went on with my house work and he was relaxed. Heres a webiste that might be helpful to ya as well: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/t051200.asp Good Luck Mama!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Our daughter went through a fussy time when she was about 2 months. It seemed like at night from 7-11 she would be so fussy and upset. I took her to the doctor and they brushed it off, said it was probably colic. It didn't seem right to me, and I persisted, but then it disappeared. Always go with your gut. Pediatricians are quick to say colic, but sometimes it could be something else. Babies cry for a reason, try to get to the bottom of it and remember you know your baby better than anyone else. If you think something is wrong, stay persistant! As for going crazy, I know it can be difficult caring for an upset baby. Find help, whether you pay a babysitter, have daddy take her, or family, you must make time for you and escape at times!
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 2:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I forgot to mention this, but wearing your baby helped mine a lot. She didn't like her baby front carrier backpack, but loved the moby wrap. This also helped my back since she wanted to be walked around!
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 2:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I would also talk to your pedi about the possibility of reflux. Mine was fussy starting at 5 days old. We put on mylanta, at 2months Zantac, and 3 months went of prevacid. She is doing great. Colic generally happens around the same time every day. If that is the case then that is probably what it is. I would make an appointment to talk to your doc to help figure out what is going on.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Could he be bored? This is the age where they start noticing things a little more. Maybe he needs a little more entertainment?
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009