i am 21 and i am a single mom my son tends to listen to men more should i be trying to give my son a family at the age of 21 wat kind of man should i be looking for im very scared and confused but i know he deserves a mother and a father

ms.hotmom21

Asked by ms.hotmom21 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• No looking for a daddy is never the answer. Yes little boys & girls need a father figure but I am sure there are men in your life who do that too. I was a single mom for sometime and was both mom and dad. My kids now have a step dad but they are teens and have such a great respect forme & women bc I didnt rush into another marriage just to have a man around. Their grandpa & uncles etc all havebeen in their lives the whole time so they did have that male influence.
    If you do find someone dont rush. You need to look for a stable, employed, mentally well man who can be a good step dad, not just any ole creep.

Answer by gemgem at 2:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Don't be looking for a man just so your son can have a father figure. The right guy will come along and you will know it when he does. In the mean time is there a strong male role model in your family such as an uncle or his grandfather? Maybe your son can spend some time with them.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009