I have a rat terrier she weighs approximatel 10 pounds...she gets car sick and we have a 3 hour ride coming up...Can I give her people pills?(Dramimine) and if so how much?

franksbaby927

Asked by franksbaby927 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pets

• The vet tells me to give my dogs benadryl when there tummy's arent feeling so great or for allergic reactions but it might help the same way. only one tablet.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Don't give her anything for people- too dangerous unless the vet okays it. Call and talk to the tech.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I work for a holistic vet and we recommend ginger to stop car sickness, you can give her a little bit to eat or buy a product like "ease the quese" that contains ginger.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 3:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• At ten pounds the dose she needs in unlikely to be the same as a human dose of medicine. Call the vet- they can give something to at least keep her calmer in the car (one of our dogs used to get a sedative before long car rides, otherwise she would freak out completely!)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• luvinher is a vet tech and shes been offering advice on here the last few days. ask her!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Benadryl is for allergies! Don't give Dram. either. Call your vet and ask for something, they can prob. give you some pills without seeing your pet, if you know the weight.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 11:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2009