• In the Spotlight:

How do you know if you can afford another kid?

How do you really calculate if you can afford to have a baby? Let's assume that it's a healthy pregnancy and the child is born healthy. How hard is it to still work, and how long do you really need to take off after the little one is born? I work in real estate and am currently setting myself up on a team where I will work primarily in the house with errands M, W, F between 9am-2pm out of the house.

blowingsteam

Asked by blowingsteam at 2:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are not making alot of money at this time there is a special aid that you can get from your local welfare office. they will find a local babysitter between the times you work out of the house and they pay for everything untill you are up on your feet. You have no idea how many people get pregnant and cant afford the baby but there are many people willing to help in any way. Or you can scout out your own sitter and pay them part time. Should not be that much. hope that helped!
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I stay at home with my kids and hubby works. I didn't figure going from 4 kids to 5 would be that much difference. Besides buying more clothes and diapers to me it isn't that much of a difference. Last year we spent 5K on legal fees alone for my SS, this year we don't have to spend any so, that 5K can go towards the baby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It is different for everyone. My theory is that if you want kids but your only excuse is that you can't afford them, then you might as well have them, because you will never make enough to be ahead once you have a kid. And once you have one, like matthewscandi's said, what's one more?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have 3, my youngest is 7 mo and I am pregnant again...I was in shocked...I told my husband we can't afford another one...he said what's one more...I was using BC...nothing I can do...
    mamadetresbbg

Answer by mamadetresbbg at 6:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009