how can i let go of someone who doesnt want a relationship but wants his cake and eat it too?

he basically led me to believe that he wanted to be with me on new years eve, but when friday came he told me he wasnt ready for a relationship he doesnt know why he said what he said he wants to continue to have something without a title should i stay or let it go?

ms.hotmom21

Asked by ms.hotmom21 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Girl let it go. If you don't have the same relationship goals, whats the point? You'll miss a good man hanging on to this one!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Let it go. Is your goal to be with men like this for the next ten years or would you prefer finding someone committed?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 2:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If it's not working for YOU, then let it go!!! A relationship involves TWO people, each with NEEDS and WANTS. If the TWO of you are not getting what you BOTH want and are unable to COMPROMISE, then, it is not a healthy/balanced relationship!

The concept of "friends with benefits" may work for some, but if it doesn't work for you, then say adios! If you want more out of a relationship, then DEMAND it! ;O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It's time to go. You know what you want and you know what he wants. It sure doesn't sound like this is a match. As long as he gets what he wants, you will never have what you want. Please don't waste another hour on him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• He doesn't have the same goals that you do. You are wasting your time with him. Move on with your life, meet new people. YOU are in charge of you. You can do it.

Answer by Bmat at 3:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Tell him to SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT!!!
    Sorry so blunt but thats what I'd say!!! Your better than he is ..... dont let him lead you on thinking that there is something there. IF there is, tell him to prove it to you! Good Luck hun!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I agree with angieluv! Woman have got to stop 'settling"! You shouldn't let anyone "lead" you on. The question you should be asking is, "what do I deserve"?
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 3:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• find someone that will take your mind off him even if its just for fun.
    KEYWEA

Answer by KEYWEA at 6:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Let him go, it's his loss and find somebody that can and wants to be there with and for you. You could spend forever working to make this man realize how wonderful you are and he has it but to no avail, or you could hurt for awhile and lick your wounds from letting him go and work to meet a better person that you do deserve.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Your'e worth is much more than that. Value yourself...having been there myself...no man is worth holding on to if his focus is not on you and building a meaning full relationship together.
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 12:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2009