How can I prevent drafts coming in from the sliding doors in my kitchen and playroom?

I have two sliding doors one in my kitchen going onto the porch where we keep the trash and grill(we sometimes grill in the winter) and in our basement which leads to the backyard. We can't really use the window seals because we need to get outside. What can I do to prevent a draft?

paula405

Asked by paula405 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Those sand-filled long tubes that go along the bottom of the door- you can use a few in a line to cover a longer door. And two layers of curtains or blinds. An insulating layer underneath and a decorative, maybe lined, curtain (or venetian blind) over it. All of these are easily pulled out or pulled aside when you need to go out.

Answer by Bmat at 3:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I totally forgot about those things to put in front of the door on the floor. I did put a bunch of storage boxes in front ofthe basement doors that could be moved. I was thinking of putting some cardboard there too, but it makes it so dark...
    paula405

Answer by paula405 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009