My husband needs convincing/talked into having this baby?? What do I do??

from the second I told my Husband about pregnancy #3 He freaked. We have a very healthy boy almost 3 and I miscarried @12 Weeks with #2 Now we are into week #7 with #3 and he has said in these words " I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER BABY"
I ask what am I supposed to do kill it? and he says do what ever you want..
Well He just tiold me I need to clean the house up compleately before baby gets here and then he will be happy about having it.. WTF why should I have to convince him or talk him into this.. he koncked me up I did not do it alone!!!!
have any of you ever been thru this aswell?
If you need more info just ask.. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I don't understand how cleaning is convincing him to have the baby. What is the house usually like? If it is usually clean, then I don't understand his position. On the other hand, if the house is always a mess, perhaps he is concerned that once the new baby is here, it will get worse. I can understand that. Perhaps he wants you to prove that you will take care of the home once the baby is here.
    Anonymous

• Are you married to Mr. Clean?
    Anonymous

• First of all, I hate that phrase, "knocked" up. I am sorry that he feels this way. No you shouldn't talk him into it, it's already done! Did you have to talk him into having sex with you? Ok then, you know how he feels so now you need to take care of yourself and be careful or you will lose this baby. I don't know what type of many he is, but you have enough common sense to not clean up the house when you have a history of miscarriages. I am praying for you!
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 3:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Is it possible that he felt some loss with the miscarriage? Maybe he is scared? Guys aren't great at expressing these things. Either you have a shitty man that you shouldn't have married or you have some other more solvable issue going on. You can't change him. You can only adjust yourself and seek to better understand him. And if he is being abusive, it is your responsibility to leave until he gets help.

Anonymous

• Ah hell no k if he wants the house cleaned tell his to get off his buke butt and do it himself tell him it takes two to tango k..... and last you checked you didn't have all the equipment to make the baby yourself.... I have been exactly where you are but worse see i was engaged and pregnant with our first baby well he didn't want it so he beat the living crap out of me every day until finally i had a miscarriage.... So darlin don't let him ever tell you that if it were me i would tell him that i'm not going to clean i'm not going to be at his every beck and call and if he doesn't like that then leave but warning tell him that you will sue him for everything he is worth cause child support can add up real quick lol
    love missA
    missyA916

Answer by missyA916 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Sounds like you guys live in a dump or something, both of you need to clean that stuff up together!
    Anonymous

• If this house is a mess, I can understand why he'd think it was going to be worse, but at the same time, to not want a baby because the house isn't clean is kinda nuts. I've never been a great housekeeper, and now witih two kids, sheesh who knew they could destroy a house so quickly.
    Good luck with the pregnancy, he'll come around or he won't... but the baby's already been conceived so there's not much he can do about it now.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009