Friend throwing me a baby shower

Okay, I am grateful that my friend is throwing me a baby shower. The issue is I have no family where I live and the only people are talk to are from work. So, she is inviting several of our co workers. I have not been to work in 5 months because of bed rest due to a complicated pregnancy. I am afraid she is putting all this hard effort and no one will show up, because I have not been there is so long. Am I worrying about nothing?

JD08

Asked by JD08 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Let her throw the party for you and do not worry about the numbers. Even if 2 people show up its a special memory of celebrating your baby. I moved to a new city and like you only had 2 co-workers show up. More cake and punch for you all! :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I wouldnt worry about it. Some people might come, others might give her a gift to bring to you. She wants to so let her have fun doing it. I know when a women I knew at work had one I was uncomfortable going becasue I did not know her and her friends very well, but liked her so I bought her something anyway and gave it to the girl having the party.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 3:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I would let her! Even if everybody doesn't show up, it will give you a chance to actually have a little human contact! You would be surprised by who will show up!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 5:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Awww you sound kinda like me,

Its alright,

My cousin threw mine, i didnt even want one, for my first dd,

She invited alot of people i didnt think they would be there neither
    but they did indeed attend,

just relax!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Do not worry...you will enjoy it with the people that will show up!
    mamadetresbbg

Answer by mamadetresbbg at 6:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my friend is also throwing my shower..im making her do it in my home town (an hour away from where she lives and i used to live) so that i Know people will come.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009