What are your feelings on WIC,FOODSTAMPS,MEDICAD

I will be the first to admit i get governmet help, but this is my last month for foodstamps, and WIC. Should i renew? How do you guys afford the formula and things? I have a 3 month old and she eats more each month, I am a one icome house at the moment because i go to school so i am afraid we wont be able to survive with out the extra help we get each month

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep on it! I am just on WIC and it is the best thing ever. You'll be surprised how unhealthy and expensive the food you'll eat without it. Stay on it as long as you can!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Of course you should renew. If you are approve Why not take it. I still have wic and my bb is 18 month old. Also is a life saver for formula.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• wic is soo great, i still have it for my 20 month old.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If you need it, use it. Thats how I see it and I think you probably could use the help for a bit longer.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I agree, keep it. You are taking care of your child. You are going to school to better yourself. That is why these programs are in place to help others. Best of Luck!!
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• use them if needed but don't abuse them. Meaning, don't stay on them if you have the money to get those things yourself.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Of course you should continue with the assistance! :) I have no problems with our tax dollars going to people who truely need it. What drives me up the wall is people who are on it that don't need to be, which closes doors to those who really need it! I know a couple that is not married, the father makes plenty of money, and the mother collects government help. She uses the money for I-phones, big screen TVs, and other completely unneccesary items! GRRRR! Don't ever feel guilty getting help when you need it!
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 3:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• How do I feel, if you can afford to live without it you don't need it. If you can't make it without you should use it till you can. That's my thoughts. Just don't abuse the system, don't stay on if it's not needed.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 4:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If you qualify for it and genuinely need the help, you should take it. You will be doing the right thing by making sure your child has good food and the less stress in the house, the better for everyone.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 4:26 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When i was on it, i loved it, it seriously helped with our first child. i could seriously use it now with a 6 month old but we make to much now where that goes is a good question. If you qualify for it take it and use it!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 4:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2009