anxiety with pregnancy

I'm experiencing anxiety attacks a lot. I am 27 wks, my husband is deployed, im trying to get us out of financial idiocy (debt), & am living w/ my mother (to be around family while pregnant and after birth) & have no friends around. It makes me feel like im lacking confidence and unsure of myself and I have always been a confident person and able to handle myself well, not freak out over things and so on. I'm having at least 1 anxiety attack a day if not more. They last for hours, at least 1 & up to 4. I get the feeling like i have low blood sugar but eat and nothing changes & it feels like how adrenaline rushes through but instead it hurts & makes me feel horrible. I try calming myself telling myself things are ok & fine & so on but nothing helps them go away quicker. What do i do to calm these attacks? I dont want them to get to the point where they control my life and are dibilitating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The number one thing is remember not to panic! LOL seriously! When you allow yourself those thoughts...the negative ones...it only feeds the feelings. The best thing to do is change your surroundings and get busy with something...quick! Take a walk, draw or paint. read a book, take a nap...just divert those thoughts. Tell yourself the opposite. When doubts come into your mind, counter act them with the positive. When you hear...'I cannot do this'...say...I can do this. The power of positive thinking really does help. Take some tea! Tea break...chamomile tea can be very helpful (and safe) to get some rest and quiet the mind. Add some warm milk and deep breathing. And don't forget your vitamins!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• oh and this isnt something i really experienced before at least not to this degree..I would get nervous and sweaty but nothing to the point where it makes me lack focus and feel horrible.
    Anonymous

• Im not sure what your religious preference is...but my sister started getting them she she was around 24. I believe it was more stress related to her. Which may be what you are going through. But she prayed one night and she hasnt had one since. But maybe thats not what you want to do...if not...just try to take some time to ralax and clear your mind. I know stress is very hard to overcome but anyone can do it...try sitting and just watching something that is so interesting to you that you dont think about anything else when you go into one of these attacks and see how that helps
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• continued...
    Vitamins help with nutrients and stress. Don't forget to take them.
    Continue to talk to others about your feelings. staying in touch will help you to feel connected. Many people are in debt, make a plan and take one day at a time.
    Before you know it...your dh will be home and bills will be paid...and your baby will be here.
    hope these suggestions help you!
    MommasCooCoo

• Awwwwe, Thank you both sooo much your words are they are very helpful and warm.
    I will definantly try all the suggestions, it's more than worth a try especially if they end up helping =)
    Anonymous