For those that believe that sex before marriage is wrong...

Do you feel that if a girl gets pregnant that she ought to marry the guy? This has come up recently in my family. Some are insisting that if you are having sex and getting pregnant before you are married then you should get married and make it right. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• I am Christian and I wish I had waited until marriage to have sex. I do not think that getting married is the fix for getting pregnant before marriage. That may lead to divorce, and that's a sin too right. According to the bible, we are all sinners and no sin is greater than another, but continuing to sin is not good. If you love the father of your baby and you feel like he is the one, then marry him, but no one should get married because they are pregnant, that's just asking for disaster. NO marriage will work if it's based on a pregnancy, that's putting an aweful lot of pressure on the baby don't you think?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• people in my family asked me if I was going to marry the guy who I got knocked up by an I told them no cause in the end it wouldnt be good for the child. just cause your preggo that is no reason to get married. the only reason to get married is if you love each other. now dont get me wrong sometimes getting married just for the baby sometimes works but 95% of the time when that is the only reason it doesnt work an the main person to suffer is the child.
    whitefmtiger

Answer by whitefmtiger at 10:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• No that can lead to some big problems. People should get married for the right reasons, not because they accidentally got the girl pregnant.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I don't think that marriage makes it right the person still got pregnant before marriage so they had premarital sex I think there are a lot of people who end up in very unhappy marriages because they believe well if we get married it will make things right and it doesnt
    Anonymous

• I got pregnant before I got married and I thought my family was going to kill us(my hubby now and I). We didn't get married until our daughter was three years old though because we didn't want to make two big mistakes so early on. One being marrying so young and the other getting a divorce if something should go wrong. My daughter was never a mistake in my eyes, only unplanned. I don't believe you should get married for that simple reason. Good Luck with your debate and may GOd Bless you...
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• wow. im in the minority again. i got preggo before i was married. we were engaged though. we just moved up the wedding date so we would be married beforehand. i think that it depends on the person in question but if you love each other and you think it could work, i think you should try. if you know it won't, don't. its a question that only the two involved can answer.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It's a consideration, depending on the relationship. But definitely not the answer for everyone. My parents did that. They were together, young (20 and 21), and Christian. They divorced 18 years later (I was 18). And they'd been separated ("working on it") for four years. Waiting is obviously the way it's supposed to happen, but when it doesn't, expecting everyone to marry because of a pregnancy just wouldn't work.
    gr8tmami

Answer by gr8tmami at 9:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I've enver been in that situation but I think that if you get pregnant then that is a wake up call from God! All babies are a miricle and whatever you do should be done in faith! The Bible says whatsoever you do to do it in faith or it is sin. Search the scriptures and pray God will tell you what is right on this not us!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 12:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i did and it was the stupidest thing i have ever done...far dumber than actually having sex and getting pregnant...i think getting married young is the worst thing you can do, ESPECIALLY if you are just doing it over a pregnancy!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008