• In the Spotlight:

When did you go back to work after the birth?

At first I was planning on being a stay at home mom after my son is born for a while, but we just realized we've acquired a debt over twenty thousand the past few months and I NEED to work. I've even applied for jobs being almost eight months pregnant. When did you all go back to work?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 3 months w/ my 1st & 8 weeks w/ my 2nd.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I went back after 12 weeks... and I was ready!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• 5 weeks both times. my mom watched the kids so i was comfortable leaving them
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• 6 weeks after
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 3:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My daughter is 23 months and I still havent gone back. However, I am thinking about starting back one or two days a week.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I still haven't and my baby is 6 months old today. I'm starting to think about going back part time though. Most of my friends who have had babies all went back to work between 6 and 8 weeks, depending on if they had a c-section or not.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My little one is 5 1/2 months and I started working from home when she was 3 months old. I am a consultant. If you have any skills that would allow you to work from home, I strongly recommend it. The money I make I can keep, since I don't have to pay for daycare costs. Plus I get to spend time with my beautiful little girl! You could also consider watching other's children, starting an in home day care center, pet sitting, etc. Just an idea to consider! :)
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 3:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i went back when my dd was 8 months
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I went back after 5 weeks. I went back as part-time for the first two months and my father-in-law stayed at home with our litter guy.
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I actually start back on Wednesday. I only work one day a week, on call the rest. My aunt and other family members are going to watch my daughter. The only reason I am going back is for the money and to keep my seniority. My DD was born on October 24th. It will be about 10 weeks post bbirth, but I stopped working about 4 weeks before she was born because of blood pressure issues. Who knew the post office was stressful? LOL
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2009