3-D scrapping?

I am not a "real" scrapbooker (don't have the time or the space), but I want to try to do a book of all the things my son brings home from kindergarten. A lot of them are little books they make in Workshop, about 8-10 pages long. I saw a scrapping segment on a show once where they did very built-up 3-D pages, so I thought this would be doable. Hubby got me a kit for Christmas (called "Best Occasions" probably from Walmart), but the pages are on the flimsy side - not hard card, and it comes with page protectors. That's definitely not going to work since it defeats the purpose of using the books. I have an idea in mind to mat them so they'll be held to the paper securely and still be readable, but I'm worried about the paper itself.

If I do this book without the page protectors, is it going to hold up? Would I be better off hitting a scrapping store and spending the money on different pages - and if so, what?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Well, with what your hubby got you, you can't do them without the page protecters, as those hold the pages in the book in the first place. Creative Memories(they do home parties and you can order from their website, I think) makes albums that you don't have to use page protecters with, and their pages are more sturdy. Or else, go to a scrapping store and check out chipboard albums, they're like little kid board books, also, if you go to a scrapping store, they might have other ideas for you too.
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 4:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2009