Fiancee's mom

K my fiancee's mom is an impossible woman when we first started dating i really liked her and she really likes me but ever since he told her that i was pregnant she did a total 180 she refuses to let him see me she is now cleaning his room coming to his every beck and call. Now i understand that he is only eighteen but seriously
if you want to know more just ask

missyA916

Asked by missyA916 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• being 18 is not an excuse my fiancee's mom doesn't like me, but tough me and her son live together he works full time and overtime is in college
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 3:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• This just sounds messed up. Maybe before she just thought you were temporary and she didn't feel threatened by you. Now that you are going to have his child, she may be thinking that she is going to lose her little boy to "another women". I know it sounds crazy, but I've seen it happen. Some women can be insane when it comes to their sons. As for her not letting him see you, he is 18. She can't really stop him if he wants to be with you.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Sounds like she is afraid for her son to leave the "nest". She may be nervous about her baby having a baby. But no its not an excuse for her behavior. I think he should talk to her about it to find out what is really going on with her. Good luck
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You guys live apart and your pregnant? You didn't excatly say but thats what I'm getting out of it... so my thoughts are this... shes worried he'll move out now... their goes her baby boy having a baby of his own. I would just ask her what's changed. And you say hes only eight teen so it sounds like you may be older... maybe under the circumstances she thought it was just going to be a fling? Who knows... either way I would just talk to her and say hey I would love to get a long with you but thats kind of hard to do when you did a 180. Either way unless she denies the grandchild she'll have to put up with you from time to time for the rest of her life so she might as well make peace.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 4:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• What to do if Fiancee/Babies Fathers annoys you really bad
    K I love my fiancee with all my heart i really do but ever since i became pregnant he is always there i mean ya at times it's a good thing but he just i don't have any time to myself and he just ask's the same question over and over and over and i don't know why but i'm so annoyed and it's gottin so bad i dont' even want him to touch me...I feel like a horrible person so does any one have a suggestions or answers help me please..
    missy... Asked at 3:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 by: missyA916

Now, you just wrote this, one, which is it?
    Anonymous

• Just out of curiosity, how old are you,missy?
    Anonymous

• so he bugs you because he's around, but his mom won't let him see you??? Whats up???
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 4:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• How would anyone know that this is the same person? I'm serious when I ask, not trying to be sarcastic.
    Incase this is a sincere question... if you were close to her before, then talk to her now and see how she feels, and her concerns, she'll respect you more for being adult enough to want to talk it out. I'd be scared if my 18 yr old was having a baby, if it was a boy I'd likely wonder if it was his (regardless of how well I knew the girl), and I'd be concerned for his future with a child on the way. I'm curious tho, how old are you?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If he is still living at home with his mommy then he gets to follow her rules. That includes not seeing you if he wants to continue to have a roof over his head. You made a baby with a boy not a man. As as mother I can understand why she may have her concerns. I would be pissed off at both of you for not being more responsible.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You never know what you will do until you have your own child. Moms want the best for their children
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2009