How do I find a registered daycare in my area?

I am a single mother with two boys ages 11 and 7. I just started a full time job and iI am getting a grant from DHS to help me pay my daycare. How can I find a daycare that accepts those grants?

boysarefun

Asked by boysarefun at 2:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• You should be able to go the the DHS website for your state and look there. Or just call around. Good luck!
    coolmawmy

Answer by coolmawmy at 3:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Are you in the military or is DH? Where is the grant comming from.. I know that because my DH is in the military we can go through a site and obtain that information... Check the state you are living in or the county/city... They should have that information for you..
    michaelsmom2005

Answer by michaelsmom2005 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Check your local YMCA to see if they have summer camps that take it, or if they have after-school care. DHS should be able to help. If not, also google to see if you have something like a "child care coordinating council" or association of child care providers locally. You might have to make several calls, but you should be able to find something.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:40 AM on Jun. 20, 2008