• In the Spotlight:

Could I have really peed my pants TWICE in one night or could I be leaking amniotic fluid?

I was up and down almost every hour going to the bathroom and I don't recall actually dribbling my panties last night. I am overdue, could that be a hint that i'm just losing bladder functions now?

ravenlrock

Asked by ravenlrock at 3:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lets face it, preggo women do have an occasional accident. But I would say if you are overdue you could be losing some fluid. My sis started leaking at 34 weeks very serious. Go get checked out by your dr. Very simple test.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• This might sound gross, but smell it. If it has an ammonia smell, then it's urine. If it smells kind of sweet, it's probably amniotic fluid. Good luck to you!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• ^^^what she said^^^
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 4:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I did that and it WAS my amniotic fluid leaking...the Dr's can preform a swab test to tell you if it is urine or amniotic fluid. Good luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• same thing as prev post for me....i was leaking for 13 hours (i had just had an exam and thought it was that) but it was periodic i went to the doc they touched it to PH paper and it was time good luck!!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 4:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Sounds like fluid im an emt and it its leaking. If the fluid is clear and non smelling then you should call your doctor believe me you can tell the difference between pee and fluid lol. But congrats sounds like the baby is coming................
    Honeyluv22

Answer by Honeyluv22 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If baby is in a position to kick/head-bitt your bladder then you could have peed, yes. If you have been continuing to dribble-trickle-gush, then it might be amniotic fluid. This doesn't sound like a rupture from what I am used to hearing.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• pee on yourself
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2009