Have 6mo old, still havent started period and want to get pregnant....

basically, I wanted to see if anyone else got pregnant before they started their first period after having a baby. I have no idea when I'm ovulating now! Any advice? I got pregnant after trying for 2 months- so I dont think it will be too hard, but I also had a very regular period and knew when I ovulated. Thanks ya'll:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are bfing it is normal to have a delayed period after having a baby. But if you are not breast feeding and your period hasn't returned yet you should see your obgyn about it. Can you conceive- I think most likely- but I would suggest you get checked out first. Good luck ttc
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• PS: I stopped breastfeeding 2 months ago.
    Anonymous

• I agree - see your OB if you haven't started a period yet. I got my period exactly 28 days after I stopped bf-ing.
    patsfan013

Answer by patsfan013 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Justa side note: having babies too close together is hard work! First of all if you don't wait a year or more, your body hasn't fully recovered from the first pregnancy. ( I am speaking from experience) and second, being pregnant is very exhausting and you already have a tiny energy sucker at your side already. I love babies and I am all for lots of tehm. Just be sure you are up for the special challanges that come with the babies so close. It will force your other child to grow up posibly much sooner than they are ready for, and may cause feelings of resentment. However, it may be a prefect time and only you can know that. Best of luck!
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 11:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009