Baby registry

Where do you think is the best place to have a baby registry and why? What are some of the most important items to have on it?

Chas21

Asked by Chas21 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends where you live... where we live all we really have is a Walmart supercenter... so I made one there because everyone can get there easily... but then I also did one at target because I had out of town relatives that had a target. Walmart has site to store though which is were they can order online and it will get sent to the local walmart store and you don't have to pay shipping... I actually use walmart gift cards to do Site-To-Store all the time if they don't have what I want at the store. It's an awesome thing! I love it. Good luck!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 4:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I did Target and Babies R Us. Some great things to have on your list? Burp rags! Bottles, infant bath tub, crib sheets, changing pad covers, bouncy seat, tummy time mat, onesies...they have registry checklists at all the stores, and you can probably find a good one online, too.
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Walmart and Target are probably more affordable for most. Diapers! A lot of what I registered for and got wasn't used. We never even used the baby monitors, or half the burp rags. I think my favorite shower gift was a book on nursing. I still have all the bottles and steamer to clean them in (never used bottles). I would register for diapers if you can.....and gift cards.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 6:13 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I did Target and Babies R Us...I had 2 ladies who did not go through the registries and got 2 bathtubs @ the shower....they took them back to exchange them for something else...My DD is going to be 8 months next week...and I am still waiting for the exchange! LOL

mamadetresbbg

Answer by mamadetresbbg at 6:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I agree, it depends on where you live and what stores you have around you. Wal-Mart is really the only option I had. There is a Toys R Us and a Target about 45 minutes away, but I didn't bother with them because I knew no one would shop online and most people were not going to drive that far when they could go 10 minutes to Wal-Mart.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• if you're close to a babies r us, thats a great place!! its ALL baby!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009