Is it ok to spot when your9 weeks with no pain or cramps? should i be worried?

mom4ever24

Asked by mom4ever24 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as there are no cramps you should be fine, even if you do have cramps it doesn't mean your miscarrying. so don't freak out unless your doctor tells you something different.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I did spot as well,

Doc told me it was normal in earlie pregnancy *double check with your doc*
    I always felt better when i talked to my doctor,

or of course went to the L&D ....

thats what they are there for hon,

im sure all is well,...

just make sure you know you are,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It can be completely ok or it could be a sign of problems. If you had sex recently that could have irritated your cervix. My advice is to abstain from sex and talk to your doctor about it as soon as you can. Most likely it is perfectly ok, but I am a bit paranoid about stuff.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• im 8 1/2 weeks and i haven't had spotting but i do get sharp pains in my sides
    19mommy2B

Answer by 19mommy2B at 5:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• ANY SPOTTING CALL YOUR DOCTOR AND MAKE AN APPT. THEY MAY INSTRUCT YOU TO GO TO THE E.R
    KEYWEA

Answer by KEYWEA at 5:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I have read and been told that between 7 and 9 weeks is when your mucus plug finishes closing your cervix and that a little spotting is not abnormal.
    Anonymous

• I just posted a question about that. I've been spotting brown blood since I was 8 weeks, I'm almost 12 weeks now and I've had 4 ultrasound and they were all fine, my midwife said that brown blood is old blood and should be ok until you see bright red or clots then you can start to be concerned.
    but to tell you the truth us mommies can't help it.
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU BABE
    Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I am 8 weeks right now, and I started spotting. I freaked out and went to the ER (we've tried for this baby for over a year) and they did an ultrasound, and everything was ok. The Dr said it happens to a lot of women, and that sex can cause it because everything becomes so vascular down there. He told me to take it easy for a couple of days, and then I got rechecked and had my hormones checked as well. I think the biggest sign for concern is if it is more than a tablespoon of blood and if there are clots, but if you're scared go to the ER, or your Dr asap, it's better to have that piece of mind!
    BooBearsMomma

Answer by BooBearsMomma at 8:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009