What's a good home mixture for scrubbing out the bathtub that doesn't smell strong?

I can't use Comet because strong smells trigger my migraines. My husband has to scrub the tub with Comet when I'm not home. I've read that Bon Ami is a good cleanser because it's not made with chlorine, perfume or dyes, but I can't find it anywhere, not even Wal-mart!! Anybody know something I could mix up at home that would clean my tub that wouldn't smell strong?

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 4:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• A baking soda paste will get off soap scum with some elbow grease, and it won't scratch the surface. There is soft scrub, or used to be, that had a light smell.

Answer by Bmat at 4:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If baking soda doesn't get it all, try adding a little dish soap to the mix.

Answer by Bmat at 4:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Dilute liquid laundry detergent in a spray bottle with water. I coupon, so I usually have tons of it on hand for free, but if you don't , the cheap stuff from the dollar store works, too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I use baking soda and vinegar to clean with (but vinegar is a strong smell, but it's a natural smell not a harsh cleanser smell).

But just using a baking soda paste works well too (with a little elbow greas as someone mentioned!)
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 9:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• lemon joy dish soap and baking soda...plus elbow grease
    Nanell

Answer by Nanell at 12:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2009