What punishment should parents get for "child neglect"?

Tamberlynn Wheeler died three months after her birth in December 2007, showing major signs of malnourishment.
Tamberlynn's parents, Crystal Lynn Erb, 22, and Samuel Eugene Wheeler Jr., 29, both of Seminole, have been charged with child neglect. An investigation revealed Tamberlynn, who was born prematurely, weighed less at the time of her death than she did when she was born. In just over three months, her weight had dropped from 4 pounds 11 ounces to 4 pounds 6 ounces.
Investigators reported finding unused government milk vouchers in the home, and said the mother stated she had not used them to buy formula because she had lost the “code” needed to redeem them. BOY THIS MAKES ME MAD

ijsmomma

Asked by ijsmomma at 2:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Those people need to be charged with murder. If they mean WIC vouchers there is no CODE to use them and even if there was you call, you walk 100 miles through ice and snow. You go through hell and high water if need me to get your baby what s/he needs.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• I cannot believe how people could neglect their child. i believe that they should go to jail for murder, not neglect. They murdered that baby by not feeding it, when they could of given it up for adoption. People sicken me.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 2:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• i know it makes me mad as hell and this happen here where i live!!!
    ijsmomma

Comment by ijsmomma (original poster) at 2:52 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• I agree. Murder charges for both. They knew they weren't feeding the baby and the outcome would be death.
    Jeanetts

Answer by Jeanetts at 2:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• exactly!!! these people are being charged with child neglect ....it makes me sick
    ijsmomma

Comment by ijsmomma (original poster) at 3:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• breaks my heart to read this stuff i think I'm a bad mum could my one year old never got a party and had to do with only getting cake and balloons and gifts . poor baby

yet i know 2 ! women who lost 3 kids due to not caring for them and went on to have a 4th and got to keep this baby i don't think they should get a 4th chance !!!

i think it depends on what you dune . but if you harmed your child or killed your child you should be sterilized
    . i'm left raising a child with (rad) reactive attachment disorder because he was neglected in the 1st 4 year of life by his bio mother . i just want him to be a normal boy i love him and it dose not mater to me but it hard to see your son not fit in becuase of his past. neglect stays with a kid most of there life not just a few months yet they just pop out another kid !!!

sorry dyslexic rant over
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• as a mother it is hard to imagine not feeding, caring for, or loving a baby... it brings tears to my eyes. Unused wic vouchers was found at the house so clearly there was no reason for this babys death! im sorry but no matter what level of education or lack of info on the mothers part.... this was unnessary and cruel. Starvation isnt a easy death. its painful and misserable.
    ijsmomma

Comment by ijsmomma (original poster) at 6:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• This kind of nelgect, needs to have harsh punishment. This goes beyond neglect. I think the punishment depends on the severity of the neglect.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2011