• In the Spotlight:

Do you think they should take the airline to court?

so last night i seen on the news that this airline kicked off this family for being muslim!! Some teenage girl twisted around what she over heard them talking about and told a crew member they mentioned a bomb! the family was actually talking about where was a safe place to sit they had children with them of course. And they were kicked off a plane. Rescreened and after the drama the airline wouldnt book them another flight!!!! since the staff said that the FBI didnt clear them!

What an awful experience for them! because your muslim and some teen thinks your suicide bomber??!
soo racist!
i think they need to drag the airline through the mud!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree 100%!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I do too and they are from the US and speak as plainly as I do and they were treated like this. It pissturbs me and I would surely take them to court if for no other reason than just because.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• drama over traditional muslim vails thats it! those people made a big deal for nothing!
    Anonymous

• I totally understand that it was an awful experience for this family and I do not feel that anyone should have to go through this. My questions is do you think it will make their life better if they sue the airlines.

Also, would you feel the same way if you found out that they really were criminals?

I think that people over react all the time and that the media just adds fuel to the fire.

I guess for me I feel bad for them, I do not believe they should sue. I think the airlines should compensate them.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i hope they take them to court and stick to them good!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 4:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I don't know if I would sue the airlines, they were only doing what their protocol after 9/11 states. While I feel sorry for their family I do see how someone could mis interpret them talking about what are "safe seats." What kind of conversation is that... there have been cases in the past where a young white boy was removed from a plane for talking about a lighter and setting things on fire another was where a man was removed for joking about their being a bomb.
    Anonymous

• okay so they should get a free ride home and then what?? kick off every muslim they see????? NOPE taking them to court will open their racist eyes!
    THAT IS WRONG!!
    SO IF PEOPLE DONT LOOK LIKE HOW YOU WANT THEM TO THE HAVE TO BE CRIMINALS??
    Anonymous

• *THEY
    Anonymous

• they were screened multiple times but yet they still could be criminals? why? because they look different?
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 4:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• oh yeah i agree
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2009