How To Know If I Have The Flu Or Morning Sickness?

I could be pregnant did take 2 home pregnancys today both said positive and still gonna see my doctor to make sure both tests were right and had a headache off and on today and just started getting a upset stomach and my 5 year old son just got over the flu so how to know if I'm starting morning sickness or I got sick with the flu?

My husband says If I am sick with the flu that he will stay home from work to look after me.

S1992_Mama

Asked by S1992_Mama at 4:25 AM on Oct. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your pregnant, but i would fake the flu and get a day of hubby care anyways.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 4:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• After 2 positives tests I say you are pregnant but it could be the flu. Morning sickness complaint number 1 is usually nausea.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• Yeah it would highly highly unlikely you weren't pregnant with 2 positives
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• The flu is an infection of the lungs NOT a stomach bug. That is a very common misconception because SOME people do vomit with the flu but it's the respitory system that is affected the most.

"Influenza (the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death." CDC Website.

That being said...there have been some BAD stomach viruses going around where I live for over a month now. You could have one of those if the vomitting is super bad or you could just have the run of the mill, annoying morning sickness that most women get at SOME point in their pregnancy.

False positives are RARE so I would say you ARE pregnant! If the vomitting gets too bad and you think you are getting dehydrated let the doctor know. I've had morning sickness so bad in the past with my first pregnancy that I needed IV fluids to help control dehydration.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 6:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2011

• i thought i was really sick to i couldnt eat or sleep and my period wasnt even late yet but i was pregnant...good luck
    india11

Answer by india11 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2011