Need advise on potty training # 2

My son ( 4 years old ) has mastered the potty with peeing and is in big boys underware but he refuses to go # 2 in the potty. As soon as he starts I put him on the toilet with books, reading to him but he just sits there. I give him a break and he poops in his pants. I've given encouragement, praise ( for trying ) even bribes but ..... any advise ?

dylansmom1020

Asked by dylansmom1020 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I put my sons potty in front of the tv and told him to sit and watch....he became so involved in his tv show that the poop just came and when he did it...we had a party and flushed.....he was older too....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I had that problem also I keep telling him he need to use the potty when he went to pee in his potty I let him pull the tub looking thing out in put it in the big potty and had him flush it and he liked doing it and now he does it. I had friends try and tell me when he poops on his self set him in a bath with cold water..but I DID NOT I thought that was so mean to do with a child.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• With my oldest daughter I just kept reminding her that when she felt she had to do the # 2 it was okay to go to the toilet. We had litttle parties in the Bathroom and When she pooped in her panties we just stuck it in the toilet, so she could see what it looked like. After about 2 weeks of this she stopped going in her panties.
    mama0406

Answer by mama0406 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• That is normal. boo boo is something that bothers all kids at first. We always tell them to pee in the potty first. He will get it. Tell him put it in there too
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009