i am trying to find the motivation to exercise. it seems every time i try the babies hound me and make it impossible. and when i try to do it after they go to bed i can't sleep that night...any suggestions?

i have been slowly losing weight over the past year or so. but i am still needing to lose a few more lbs and i am trying to find the best and most efficient way to exercise.

cnelson82

Asked by cnelson82 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Do exercise with them. Lift them up and down. They have fun and you get your exercise
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I echo Godswk. I love working out with my kids because they get coveted face-time with Mommy and I get dead weight for free! Lay a child across your forearms and do bicep curls. Have the kids sit on the tops of your feet and cling to your legs and walk around the apartment (they LOVE that one), lay down on your back like you're going to do sit ups and then have a kid sit on your feet and another one on your chest and THEN try to do situps, or get creative and try different things with them. Play tag to get some cardio! If you come up with some other cool ones, let me know. :-)
    MagnaMeg

Answer by MagnaMeg at 5:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh, to cool down, I like to put them in the bath tub and do yoga alongside the tub or right outside the bathroom door (door open, of course!).
    MagnaMeg

Answer by MagnaMeg at 5:42 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Is it possible to do it during their nap?? (If they nap at the same time?) Try doing quick spurts of exercise during the day while they are occupied. You don't have to do a whole one hour workout to get the results. You will get the same benefit from doing 5 or 6 10-min workouts.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i know how you feel i do it 20 min before their nap time and they jump around with me. then i do it another 20 min while they nap. take a shower and fix lunch.is not much but im happy im trying.lol
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 10:01 PM on Jan. 4, 2009