800.oo

my husband gives himself 800.oo a month allowance,,,,,,gas went down,,he commutes 30 min back and fourth..., but he buys breakfast and lunch out and feels he deserves it ,,I hate it ,,when i discuss it he gets mad,,,,,,We could really use some of this $$$$$

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• OH MY GOSH. That is outrageous. and extremely selfish if your need of some money. Maybe he needs help>
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• we are not in desperate need, but our electric bill was 408.oo ,,i said i cant pay the whole thing ,,he says "make it a priority",,i said u kick some $$ in
    Anonymous

• You are a unit and it becomes community allowance. $800 a month for spending is outrageous. That could be put into a college fund, pay off any outstanding debts, keep bills current plus. I can see a $100 or possibly even $200 allowance but $800 is a little excessive.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 5:23 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• do you get an allowance too. how much. you should have what he has.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my husband gets 25% of his check as his allowance. if he works more he gets more kind of thing. even if I had it to spare he would not not not need 800 a month.

7.00 per lunch x 20 days = 140.00
    5.00 per breakfast x 20 days = 100.00
    most likely 125.00 a month in gas = 125.00
    total is 365.00

round it off to an even 500 to give him extra for fun which would still give him what he wants but at the same time give you an extra 300.00 a month for expenses. My question would be if 400 at the most is what he spends for food and gas, where is the rest going? IMO
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 5:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• wow, I'm shocked by that. I pay my bills and if there's extra I put it toward principal on the house payment or on a credit card/car payment and we allow ourselves a little cash but nowhere near 800.00 for our personal spending money (our gas comes out of bill money typically a tank about every 10 days or so for me). Man I want his allowence tho, I could have a massive collection of DVD's and video games in no t ime.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I'm sorry but I will never understand calling a grown man's money an allowance. It's his money. As long as the bills are paid and the kdis are taken care of he should be able to do as he pleases. Just as you should be. We don't take out a monthly amount. We both have our debit cards. As long as he gives me his receipts he does what he wants.
    Anonymous

• For Anon:
    She said she asked himf or money for electric bill.... and from the way I took it, he didn't want to pay that or even chip in.
    I can't imagine having $200 per week for me to just spend on whatever I want (that's most of what a lot of people make per week)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• 25% is what he takes out of his check for allowance? That's the percentage we're supposed to spend on housing. Do you guys invest in your dreams? Do you own your home, have a mortgage, have any debt, want to go to school or send a child to school...?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my husband only gets $50 a week to do what he needs with. you all must be millionaires to be able to blow 800.00 on b.s.
    katelynnsmommy1

Answer by katelynnsmommy1 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009