2012.

Can someone PLEASE explain this to me. :-| First I read it's the ending of a Mayan Calender Cycle, then the Earth's going to shift it's poles...NOW I'm reading that there's sun spots and a 'mass' headed towards the sun, that are going to cause the Sun to act "violently" and possibly cause a bunch of natural disasters to Earth...What is this? Just another 'Y2K' 'end of the world' superstition, or is there any scientific proof?

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.universetoday.com/2008/05/19/no-doomsday-in-2012/

I think, like Y2k and several other events before it -- there will always be fanatics that believe the end is near.   I have heard of no scientific proof.   I'm personally only concerned that some idiot fanatic will do something.. like I was mildly worried in Y2K that some nutjob would blow something up.   I prefer to live to LIVE and not live expecting to die.  ;)

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Everyone is saying this will be the new phase of the 5th Earth or something like that meaning the world will fall and many people will suffer, but they say not all people will die so it won't be the end of the world. They keep saying that people who have predicted things and never been wrong are saying this, but I think its exactly like that in 2000 we were supposed to have a Computer Crash I personally don't believe it. Though many are saying since the economy is bad that its a sign but seriously what does the economy have to do with the world ending? I don't believe it the world will end when it is supposed to but my grandfather said that the Great Depression they thought the world was going to end, in the 30's they thought aliens were going to invade. I just think its something to scare people
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 5:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• well since no one can tell the future of course there is no proof of anything.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It would be interesting if it were true ... and if you believe those kinds of predictions, then you also know that there is spiritual background to world happenings and you can have confidence that destinies will likely work out for the best. To prepare for extreme events such as this, a mother just needs to look hard at what her children truly need and then how she can provide for them despite drastic changes. So there is no call to be frightened by such possibilities - rather it IS a call to examine what is essential and important. ... And that's a good thing to do in any decade !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• actually they "say" there is proof. Before Rome died, the Byzantine empire died all those great old empires died, they went through the same things the United States, not even just the United States the world. The economy started falling apart, the world began to hate each other.
    Anonymous

• This site helped me :)

http://www.cogwriter.com/end-mayan-calendar-2012.htm
    Anonymous