A Miracle GrandBaby?

My parents got seperated when I was really little my mom had custody of me my dad custody of my little brother. My mom was a drug addict and always went partying so growing up was tough. I moved away from her as possible so I moved from England to Oklahoma, USA. When we went to visit since my mom had never seen my one year old daughter I told my fiancee that I think it would be a good idea, but he could go because I knew he was uncomfortable with the whole situation. My mom still seemed to have her problem, but while she was holding my daughter she started crying and then got on her knees and told me how sorry she was and told me to promise her that I would never abandon my baby the way she did to me CONT'D

HollyRose

Asked by HollyRose at 6:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• My mom was addicted to meth from the time I was in 2nd grade, (my dad had my brother and I), she didn't call or visit til I got prego with my DD at 16. She came back and said the exact same thing. She realised what she had missed with me and didn't want to miss it with her grand child, DD is now 14 and my mom is still clean...I think it is just a wake up call. Dont give up on her...she needs you, you dont have to support what she is doing, just her...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 6:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• She begged for my forgiveness and now all of a sudden she wants to get help. It's hard to believe her because she's told me she's sorry and she wants to change before, but never has tried to get help. I don't know what to do to help, I don't have the money nor does she to put her in Rehab? Could this be real?
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 6:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• It could always be real. There's places that can help people with drug problems. Look in the phone book and give her the information and if she wants to call she can. You can't make someone else do it, it's hard work and it won't be easy for any of you but it's worth the fight. Good Luck to you all :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Im confused. Is your mom in England or the U.S.? If in England, I thought they had socialized health care there. If she's in the U.S. see if there is a state run rehab center that could help her.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• shes from England, but I don't really know if shes wanting help and since I am in the US I cant stay in touch that much because of how much it costs to call and she doesn't have a computer so I can email her or anything
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 7:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My mom had a pill addiction. The doctors gave them to her so its ok...eye rolling

Well thats what she thought. After my son was born she started to do better. She got a good job stoped drinking smoking and doing pills.

CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2009