SHOULD I WAIT FOR HIM?

I LOVE THE FATHER OF MY SON. WE BROKE UP WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREG. HE HAS TOO MORE KIDS AFTER MY SON. NOW ITS 4 YRS LATER WE LOVE EACHOTHER BUT IM NOT SURE WHERE ITS GOING. HE WAS IN JAIL FOR 2 YRS. I WAS THERE FOR HIM NOW HES OUT. WERE IN 2 DIFF STATES AND IM WILLING TO MOVE HE SAYS HES NOT IN A POSITION TO MAKE THOSE TYPE OF DECISIONS HES ON PROBATION BUT IT WILL BE OVER IN MAY. HE SAYS HE DONT WANT TO TELL ME STOP WHAT IM DOING TO MOVE BY HIM. IS IT JUST AN EXCUSE OR HES SERIOUS? HE DONT WANT ME TO KEEP BRINGING IT UP. ITS JAN. NOW I CAN WAIT TIL THE SUMMER BUT NOT LONGER THAN THAT.
HES NOT A BAD GUY AND I CAN TELL HE HAS CHANGED FROM GOING TO JAIL. HE TAKES CARE OF ALL HIS KIDS AND WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING. HE SAYS HE WANTS TO BE WITH ME BUT HE HAS SO MUCH GOING ON. HE ALSO SAYS HES NOT READY FOR MARRAIGE BUT DOES WANT TO BE WITH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Concentrate on building a strong foundation for your family on your own. If he comes around and wants to be a part of it then welcome him but it sounds like he has a lot to work out right now.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• No, I wouldn't. Sounds like he doesn't know what he is ready for. I would focus on you and your child and your future. If down the line he gets himself together and is ready to offer you and your child a wonderful life, then you can consider it. But right now it doesn't sound like he has much to offer you in terms of where you are at and what you want.
    For him to say "I want to be with you, but I have a lot going on" - is really him saying, "I really don't want to be with you like that right now."
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I would not wait, he does not want to be tied down or he would not have more children from diffrent women and not be with them either, and he had these children after you and you are still willing to wait? May I ask why? What has he done for you?
    Love is an action not a feeling. What has he done to prove he loves you and wants to be with you? I know it is hard but you have to ask yourself these questions and you need to be honest with yourself.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:21 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• LISTEN TO WHAT HE'S TELLING YOU! He says he's not ready, he says he'sgot too much going on, he says not to move to be with him. WHY do you not hear him?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i posted the ? the other kids are by one women who he was with for 3 yrs after our relationship and things just didnt work out. i understand he does have a lot going on. and i try to step outside the box thats why i said wait until the summer. if hes not ready at that time then ill truely understand. he ask me to come and visit so i do. he sends money and i know he loves his children. we talk everyday sometimes all day long. anycomments?
    Anonymous