Have you ever forgotten your child?

At school or a school function, or anything like that? I want to hear the story. I never have, but SS BM was supposed to be at her house when we went to drop him off. She wasn't there, she had left to go to a family member's birthday party and when she got there, was asked where he was.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes,I took some neighbor kids,and my 3 month old daughter to bible school one year,and when it was over,I was driving them home,and had to go back by the church,to unload another,when I spotted to pastors wife on the front steps,of the Church,holding my daughter,I felt about 2in high.I could'nt beleive out of all the kids I had with me ,I had forgotten my own.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• WTF! No never!
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i forgot about my cousin one time. I was suppose to pick her up after school and totally forgot about it (i was 16 then). My aunt called about an hour after her school got out and was soo mad at me, luckly another friend of the family was their picking her kid up so she went home with them.
    Anonymous

• NO! But SS's BM forgot to pick him up from school a few months back. We had switched weekends but SS had reminded her that morning when she dropped him off. Nit wit made girls night out plans instead and we couldn't get a hold of her until the next morning. He could have been seriously injured and died by the time we reached her.
    Hell, my mom was a functioning drunk when I was growing up and she never forgot us!
    Anonymous

• I haven't forgotten my kids anywhere, but my parents did when I was a kid. They left me at band practice because my uncle was visiting from out of state. I was all alone, at the HS, at night and Mom got mad at me for paging her ( circa 1993: pre-cell phones) again and again. She said I was interrupting her visit! I yelled at her, better me than the police calling to say something awful happened to me! I couldn't believe her. I was pissed for weeks.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Yes! When I first had my baby I went to go up to the store, went out to the car and said "damn, I have a baby now....I can't believe I forgot him." I ran back in the house and got him. I felt so stupid
    Anonymous

• I've never forgotten my kids. I have, however, thought I forgot them before. They were sick, so instead of going to the sitter's, they stayed with Grandma at home. I drove halfway home from work reminding myself I didn't need to stop at the sitter's, but when I got to her turn, turned in and parked in front of her house. Got out to get the kids - no kids! I started to freak, and then remembered that they were with Grandma.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:42 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When I was a child and we lived in Englewood, close to Denver, Colorado, my mother forgot me in a store we were at. She did realize I was missing and came back for me. I myself have never forgotten my kids.
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 11:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i have not but my mil left my youngest in the car asleep for about three minutes at chucky cheeses as soon as she got inside i asked where is my child. i was there early setting up party . i have not trused her to bring me my children again . i will get them where they need to be.
    nannybopeep

Answer by nannybopeep at 11:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009