Should i ask him to go to counseling with me?

I was dating a man he's 23 and I'm 19 about to be 20. After we got back together (but it wasn't official openly, like he kept telling me we weren't boyfriend girlfriend type) I hung out with someone I thought was a friend. This was after my guy blew me off b/c he didn't trust I was taking a shower and ignored my call for a full 24hrs. So i wanted to go out and vent and be somewhere else. Well this guy who I hadn't seen in a while raped me, it was 1st degree and I'm in the process of dealing with it. My guy is having problems dealing with it as well and we fight a lot. He doesn't know how to be there. I go to counseling even before this, but should we both go to communicate openly without fear of hurting one another? Even if we just stay friends after. We've been seeing one another since the end of sept.

Youngmum19

Asked by Youngmum19 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't guess it would hurt but unless this is going to be a long term relationship Im not seeing the purpose of him going. Not many ppl take their friends to counseling with them. There is couples counseling but again that would be for ppl who intend on building a foundation for a long term relationship. If he will go by all means ask him but ask your counselor as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2009