my husband has a low sperm count, we have been trying since august of 2006!

has anyone had any luck concieveing with an iui?? if you have or even if you havn't i would love any feed back from you, i'm going to the drs in februaury to talk about it w/my fertility specialist!! thanx to all in advance!!!

mrs.fennell

Asked by mrs.fennell at 6:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have no idea what an iui is,but my dh has low sperm count and we were able to get pregnant without any intervention..took a few yrs tho.Good luck.
    HealthyMom27

Answer by HealthyMom27 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• We didn't personally have this issue, but I have a couple of friends who had sperm issues and they got pregnant with IUI. Best of luck to you! I really do believe it can help when sperm is an issue.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My husband only has one testicle and his sperm count runs about half the average. We got pregnant, but it took awhile. He has two children, so it is possible,
    Anonymous

• IUI worked for me, but low sperm count wasn't our issue. I did a lot of internet research and tried to find statistics for treatments involving my particular problem, but "unknown" is a broad catagory and it seemed like most of the statistics didn't exactly fit my case. If low sperm count is your only issue you can probably find statistics about iui and low sperm count (be sure to look at all different varieties of iui - natural, medicated, etc). Before making any treatment desicions I always asked my fertility doctor to tell me what she thought our odds of success were given our specific fertility issues. Of course she couldn't give me a gaurantee of sucess, but her opinion helped me make a lot of choices. I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I wish you luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2009