Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My SO and i just split up completely out of no where....

We have a ten month old, and i know people do it everyday..

But how? My daughter the only thing that keeps me going...

What now????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Be strong, single mothers do it everyday, you'll be fine. give it time..

    Answer by smnice at 6:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • First you go down and file for child support. You didn't mention if you have been a SAHM all this time or have a job. Do you have to move in with family or find a home that goes by your income? If you need help from the state they could help with babysitting. Just go to the state office and see what resources are available to you but if he is the father make sure he is responsible financially for the child. Its possible he may even come back when he realizes what he has done.

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • yes i have been a SAHM her whole life.. i've put everything on college... me working... everything. so i would be moving back in with my parents.

    He said he's not happy anymore.. and im only hoping it will change once we move. but i have no doubt that he would help as much as he could with our daughter...

    It's just IDK... we've worked so hard on trying to make this work and then this? i just dont know how to do this..

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • Child support isn't always the answer. If he's willing to take care of her let him. Keep everything on good terms with him. If not you do what you got to do

    Answer by Zarviemom19 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • I disagree w/pp-go to court and get child support NOW.I was on "good terms" w/my sons dad and he broke ever promise he ever made to me and ds, I had to do it for our son.Is it an answer to everything no way but it is one less thing to worry about and keeps your mind on your child and keeping him/her happy.If he gets angry, honestly it shows his true colors and hon u ar better off.I know it is hard tho-saying goodbye to a dream and I am so sorry.Keep breathing, just keep breathing and someday it will be ok.(hugs)

    Answer by Bearsjen at 7:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

  • Start the legal paperwork for child support. Don't let him promise he will give you money. Get the legal papers. You need to know that you will get a set amount each month at a set date. As far as having a man in your life...there will be more...don't worry about that. Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.