resolution for bullies?

how can i help my daughter? she's being bullied by another girl at school. the other girl is finding out the locker combinations and stealing things!!! i need help!! :0

singlemom503

Asked by singlemom503 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• you need to let the school know about this but be very clear that they need to handle this w/involving your child as little as possible.I have some thoughts that will not fit here so email me if u like. Mainly keep supporting your dd,that is one of the hardest things to go thru and your support will let her know she has someone who thinks she is wonderful...by the way tell her that this lil mom in IL said"it will pass,someday u will be a 1000 times better/happier than this bully and I promise it will not always be so hard." poor baby-I hate mean kids, I would choke my son if I found out he was torturing another child-literally choke him.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• A school can only do so much. Your daughter needs friend support by other kids her age - safety in numbers. Bullies pick on those who are interpeted without consequence, alone and weak. If your daughter seems to have little or no real friend support, talk to her school about transferring her to another school. If not just because of dealing with a bully, friends mean everything to a teen.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 7:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I agree with Bearsjen..my daughter had a situation at school and she didn't want me to do or say anything..she said it would make it worse...it worked itself out but I probably would have done something if it hadn't..in this situation I would talk to someone at the school..I don't know what it is about this age but girls can be really mean...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• This is a difficult question. I guess it depends if she is only stealing from your daughters locker. If she is then if the school gets involved, the bully will know it was her who told. Maybe she could ask for a new locker?
    medmaster2006

Answer by medmaster2006 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would have her tell the office she needs a new locker because her combo has been compromised and she suspects someone is stealing from her.
    When my DD was being bullied, we tried everything. Finally, we told our DD to stand up for herself, and if the girl hit her again, to knock her out! Sounds harsh, but as soon as the little bully found out my DD was prepared to really do it, she quit. My DD knew she would get suspended, but would not be in trouble at home.
    Honestly, the school can not do that much to her, even if they catch her stealing. Maybe a couple days suspension - and kids like that rarely care.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 8:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'd build up your daughters self esteem.Then she wouldn't give that bully at school a second thought.As for the stealing, you'd have to talk to the school about it.
    But the bully may have bad problems at home, which would cause them to act the way she does.So maybe the school could help the child.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I disagree. 3 gymnastsmom....stealing is a crime and children as young as ten are held accountable of their actions now. Courts believe children know right from wrong as early as age eight in most states. Maybe threatening police involovement or having an officer just talk eith the class about how bullying could lead to Juvie Hall might help.
    kimitzoe

Answer by kimitzoe at 4:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2009