I had a c-section on 12/5 and stop bleeding at 3 and a half weeks later (at this point discharge was brown and/or clear). On the 1st vaginal bleeding (heavy, bright red) started up again. Could this be my period or a late hemorrhage or a uterus infection?

should i go back to the doctor? i am breastfeeding.i also had a a low grad fever from the 28 to the 1st when i went to the er they did a couple of test like ultra sound to look at my uterus which they said looked fine they also took blood test to test for infection. the doctor did a pelvic exam & said i had a infection he acted like i didnt mention that i was bleeding which i did & told me i had a uterus infection. they didnt tell me if the bleeding was normal or not or how much was fine dose any 1 no?? Im not really sure if i trust that doctor.. im from Canada and in the states right now so i cant go to my doctor can some 1 help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It actually could be any of those, but since you had an infection before you are probably more likely to get one again. But it's a hand toss, because it could really be any of those, i know i said that already.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• well he gave me a gel to put up there which i started yesterday afternoon the bleeding gotten a lil better & it almost looks like theres dried up blood that comes out with the fresher looking blood. should i worry or wait and see what happens?
    Anonymous

• If the ER doctor told you that you had infection, then I would definitely go see my regular OB and get checked out. The bleeding could very well be your period, but since you were told you had an infection, I would play it safe and go see my doctor ASAP.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• ok the only problem is im really far from home so i cant just go to my doctor??
    Anonymous