Thinking of the inevitable...

I'm thinking of getting life insurance for myself (I'm self-employed), so that my kids will have some type of financial security when I die. What is the best company to purchase life insurance and why? Thanks.

mamadee1971

Asked by mamadee1971 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Health

• My sis sells it for state farm I could give you her # if you would like and she can go over things with ya. That is her specialty. And can sell it to you know matter where you live (state). Or she can just give you an heads up on how things work, and what companies in your area are the best. Send me a message if you would like her to. Or send me your email and I will send it to her.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Thats a good idea, more people need to get life insurance. I worked for insurance co, and part time for funeral home (very short while) and its unfortunate to see how many people are not prepared. They end up having carwashes or selling something to try to make up the money. The funeral home with work with you,, buts its the cemetary that wants their money in full. Its a great idea that you are thinking of life insurance, but you should take it one step further and get life insurance for your kids also. Its not a curse,or a bad sign its good planning. Both my kids have been insured since they were babies and still have insurance. Depending on the kind you get, some even start saving money. Call and get the info definitely!
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Thanks ladies.  Ibelucky1...you've must have been reading my mind becuase I was thinking about  life insurance for my kids, also.  That way when they reach 18 or 21, they can have, also, the option to "cash-out" for college expenses, for example or they can let their money grow.  Lovinmomto3, if you want to PM me the info, that would be great.

mamadee1971

Answer by mamadee1971 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Some ppl don't belive in this but I got a policy on my daughter when she was week old. And a policy on myself. I think your on the right track. and we have western southern.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I have life insurance through Primerica. Our monthly payments are low and we have good policies. They also offer a program where you can start saving towards your retirement (which we are also doing). If you would like more in-depth info, let me know! :)
    Sonseeharay

Answer by Sonseeharay at 12:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2009