if your child had a unibrow...

would you shave or wax or pluck it? or just leave it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Depends on the age I suppose.
    Anonymous

• wax on wax off...lol
    Anonymous

• Depends on the age. And how bad it was. And if it bothered him/her. If it is a self concious thing I would let them have it waxed. Don't shave! When it starts to grow back it will feel like your legs. If you wax or pluck it won't feel so bad or look as bad either.
    However if you are talking about a baby, sometimes when they are born they may have a lil. Not to worry alot of kids will outgrow that in a couple of months.
    Anonymous

• Wax it if they were old enough to not cause damage to the skin.
    Anonymous

• My Daughter is six and I have been plucking hers for a year now. She is the one who noticed it and was self concious about it. It's not really that noticeable but it bothered her and that was enough for me. She also has pretty hairy legs and the hair is fine but it is kinda dark, her Father has VERY dark hair and alot of it. A little boy at her preeschool last summer made fun of her when she wore a pair of shorts and she came home crying. I had a battery opperated personal trimmer and I used it to get rid of the hair on her legs. I would NEVER have done it if she hadn't brought it up. I also would never have used a razor. I feel whatever I need to do (within reason) to make my children feel comfortable I am going to do. Other children can be so vicious sometimes!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 8:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i would wax it off
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 8:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• for me i think that i would probably keep it on until she got to a sertain age. but then i wouldnt want her to think that shes not beautiful the way that she already is
    nesa03250911

Answer by nesa03250911 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My cousin had one and my aunt plucked it ever since she was a baby. As a preteen she developed tricotelamania. It's obsessively pulling out your own hair. She pulled out all her eyebrows and lashes and took big clumps out of her scalp. She's been treated for five years and is on several medications to control it.

I have no clue if the plucking caused or contributed to the problem, but it makes me think twice.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• When my youngest son was 13 I waxed his heavy brow at his request. I did it a couple of times and then he started shaving it. His father was more bothered by the waxing of a male child than anyone else. I think it depends on the age and maturity level of the child. I would not have done it with a younger or less mature child.

peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 8:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My son has dark eye brows and I pluck the few hairs in between brows. He doesn't have many but enough to ask me to pluck them for him. He's 15.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009