Do you take baths?

I'm 6 months along and my pregnancy is going just fine no risks, is it ok to take baths or are we supposed to just stick to showers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your suppose to take showers but i took baths to and everything was ok with me and my baby
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I've never heard this one. What's the reason? I did both (because my Dr. never told me any different) and I never had any problems. Sorry to sound like a dumb? but just wondering.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You can take a bath. Just do not let the water get too hot. No hot tubs, sauna's etc because they raise your temps too high.
    I asked my doctor and in all the pregnancy books While Waiting, Your Pregnancy Week by Week. and What to Expect when your expecting say the same thing. Its not the bath thats bad just the temps can be.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 7:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You can take baths. I would kill for a bath, but I haven't lived in a house with a bathtub in 3 years! I miss my soaks.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I took a bath the whole 8 months I was pregnant with my first. I'd get too dizzy, or my feet would turn purple if I tried to stand for a shower
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• As far as I know baths are perfectly ok as long as they are not too hot and you have no other risks. I just never let my water get more than luke warm.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Baths are fine, my doc encouraged them to relieve stress and  achy joints.

smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• If you have started to dialate or your plug is gone, that is the only time they really say no baths because it could cause an infection. other than that its the temp. that you need to watch out for, and falls of course.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:02 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• You can take a bath! Actually it will help you
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 8:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• right before i went into laybor i took a bath i think it actually speeds things up.
    you just cant put anything in the bath like soaps though.
    good luckkk!
    Anonymous