Does anyone elses toddler dry heave?

I have a 26 month old daughter. She dry heaves every now and then...usually when she gets out of the bath or when she is eating. When she does this during eating, its usually that she isn't chewing her food well enough (at least that's what I think) but, after her bath, I don't know why she does it? Can anyone help me?

tommygirl

Asked by tommygirl at 7:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you feed her before her bath? Maybe the water just upsets her tummy?
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My son does it for effect...he can gag on demand and/or puke just the same...most of the time he does it when he's not getting his way or has eaten something he doesn't like. xoxoxo's
    imasurvivor

Answer by imasurvivor at 7:35 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• My son will only do it if he gets gagged/choked from not chewing his food well enough when eating. Not sure aboujt why she would do it after having a bath. Maybe she doesn't tolerate the scent of her baby wash well???
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• wow my son is doing the same thing with his food....he is seven though...i have to watch him like crazy now and hes only been doing it for a little while?? he is eating small bites and still gets that way...im thinking of taking him to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies for your concern. I just called her doctor about it and he said its nothing to worry about unless she does it all the time. He said as far as the dry heaving after the shower is probably due to her body reacting to being cold or wiping under her neck.
    tommygirl

Answer by tommygirl at 6:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009